Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Family Day Out and New Milestones

So, yesterday Charles and I decided to take the boys out and at first we were just going to go to this small park about 3 ish miles from our house.  Keep in mind we do not have a car.  We packed up the boys, and began walking.  We got a chance to enjoy our new Graco Duo Glide Stroller!  The boys loved it.  We got to downtown Burlington, and decided to stop in quickly, and see Grandma at work.  We proceeded to walk toward the park we had decided upon, and that's when Charles asked about going to the park on the waterfront.  It isn't a big park and most bigger kids don't really go there so I agreed.  We got down there, and I began feeding Xander.  Jonas played on the swings and ran around with Daddy.  I then decided Xander should stay in the stroller with the weather shield on, because of the wind.  It began whipping through and it began to be too much for the little guy.  I took Jonas down the "big boy slide"  As we were going down, he yells "weeeeeeeeeeee!" Aren't kids amazing?  I think they are.  We were planning to spend another half hour or so at the park and continue on our day, but Jonas began trying to jump into the lake.. That is when we decided to leave.  Xander passed out and we decided it was a perfect time for new summer sandal shopping!  The boys each got a pair of sandals.  Jonas ended up with a Disney Pixar Cars backpack.  Then we had lunch and headed on home.  In all we walked about 6 miles!  I am proud of the boys for doing so well, and I am proud of us for the motivation to spend the day out and about.  I truly am proud of my family and I am proud of myself for walking so very far, for the first time, since I had Xander 5 months ago!

I also have a little video on YouTube of Xander trying to crawl.  He just needs to figure out how to move his hands forward as he moves his knees. The video is located here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2QW-w66S_w  Enjoy!!

1 comment:

amy99jane said...

I am glad you are blogging again. I am doing the same thing. I will be checking in on yours :)